• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Between South Korea and India, which country produces better films than the other?

Timfak

Staff member
AfriCoin
The stories and characters of South Korean films weave in indigenous surroundings and experiences, which have an imprint of reality. In contrast, Bollywood has pushed various aspects of Indian life out of its films
The crisis of Bollywood is equally visible both inside and outside the country. In May this year, India participated as the ‘Country of Honour’ at the Cannes festival, one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world. Pictures of the official representatives from the country kept flooding the media. Actress Deepika Padukone’s glamorous representation of Indian cinema raised eyebrows too.
Six Indian films were also screened at the festival, but not a single Hindi film could make it to the main competition. Rubbing salt into the wounds was the fact that the films of a small country like South Korea were not only in direct competition but also made a strong presence by winning two awards, including the Best Director award for Park Chan-wook. His film Decision to Leave is a detective romance woven around the murder of a man and his wife's suspicions.
The argument that Bollywood lags behind because only realistic films get a place in film festivals is absurd. It can also be said that Hindi cinema does not need applause in any foreign festival, but when it is not getting applause from the indigenous audience and Bollywood is drowning in the tsunami of South Korean films, serials and pop music, it is bound to raise questions.

I would personally go with India. Their plots aren't exaggerated as much as the Korean movies. They are relatable. And Iove the Indian dance that they incorporate into most of their movies. India also has different genres of movies apart from romance unlike Indian movies that are completely based on romance.

India has a large coverage. Movies are created in different languages on different subjects as well. Different States have different group of artists that show case their talent. But it is good to see Stars take part in movies even though they may not be from that State where the movie is produced.

Why India did not shine at the Festival is a question that needs an answer. And I do not have that answer

You even get to see Indian actors in mainstream Hollywood doing very well. But it would be a tad difficult to see Korean actors in Hollywood. Take it or leave it, India has built Bollywood to an industry that is robust and in a class of it's own. I enjoy watching Bollywood. Never really loved Korean movies.
India has a large coverage. Movies are created in different languages on different subjects as well. Different States have different group of artists that show case their talent. But it is good to see Stars take part in movies even though they may not be from that State where the movie is produced.

Why India did not shine at the Festival is a question that needs an answer. And I do not have that answer

Though i started with India movies but currently i watch more of korean dramas and i think i actually enjoy them more. They have wonderful stories that would keep you watching. I don't limit myself to korean alone i also watch Chinese dramas, not does old kunfu movies but modern ones and its just amazing, not to mention Thailand as well.

I don't like those Korean dramas. I feel it is not good for my psyche as a man as it tends to make me love centric instead of being strong. Their romance theme movies are always exaggerated and could give one an unrealistic world view about love. I still prefer the multi faceted Bollywood as a movie industry.

Back