• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Importance of taking calcium supplements for women above 40

relcap

AfriCoin
Calcium is important for women past 40 (and for women of all ages) for several reasons:

1. **Bone Health:** Calcium is a crucial mineral for maintaining strong and healthy bones. As women age, especially after menopause, bone density tends to decrease, increasing the risk of osteoporosis and fractures. Adequate calcium intake can help slow down this bone loss.

2. **Preventing Osteoporosis:** Osteoporosis is a condition characterized by weak and brittle bones. Women are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis than men, and it becomes more common as women age. Sufficient calcium intake, along with vitamin D and weight-bearing exercise, can help reduce this risk.

3. **Heart Health:** Some studies suggest that calcium may have a role in promoting heart health by regulating blood pressure and reducing the risk of high blood pressure in postmenopausal women. However, this relationship is complex and may vary from person to person.

4. **Muscle Function:** Calcium is also essential for proper muscle function, including the heart muscle. Adequate calcium intake helps maintain muscle strength and can reduce the risk of muscle cramps and spasms.

5. **Nerve Function:** Calcium plays a critical role in nerve transmission and signaling. Ensuring an adequate intake of calcium helps ensure proper nerve function.

The recommended daily intake of calcium for women over 40 varies but is generally around 1,000 to 1,300 milligrams per day, depending on factors such as age, ***, and overall health. However, it's essential to remember that getting calcium through your diet is usually the best approach. Dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cheese are rich sources of calcium, but you can also find it in leafy greens, fortified foods, and supplements if needed.

It's also important to note that calcium absorption can be influenced by other factors, such as vitamin D levels, so maintaining a balanced diet and getting regular check-ups with a healthcare provider is advisable to ensure you're meeting your specific calcium needs and maintaining good overall health, especially as you age.

You have covered it well. Yes it is important that calcium is absorbed in the right way lest it should calcify. It happened to a friend that his heart was calcified and he died with this. I take seven seas cod liver oil pearls that has enough vitamin D along with other health benefits. I also have curds and milk

When I reached 50 my cousin advised me to take calcium supplements. Since I don't go much for synthetic drugs Instead doubled my intake of natural foods which I believe are rich in calcium... Peanuts have become daily treat and it's also good for digestion. I eat bananas as often as possible both boiled and table bananas.

When I reached 50 my cousin advised me to take calcium supplements. Since I don't go much for synthetic drugs Instead doubled my intake of natural foods which I believe are rich in calcium... Peanuts have become daily treat and it's also good for digestion. I eat bananas as often as possible both boiled and table bananas.
Both bananas and peanuts are my staple diet. I have bananas thrice a day and peanuts as a snack in the evening Many times I have peanut butter with honey for breakfast Even a combination of dark chocolate with peanut butter does wonders to our health

Calcium is usually touted ask a way of fighting against born break , it has many things to do in women in there 40s ,taking a calcium supplement can make born healthy and fitable before the person turn 40…while mostly help to control that born health as a woman

Calcium is usually touted ask a way of fighting against born break , it has many things to do in women in there 40s ,taking a calcium supplement can make born healthy and fitable before the person turn 40…while mostly help to control that born health as a woman

Back