• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Is distance learning English essential for non-native speakers?

Shavkat

AfriCoin
I will definitely say yes. I have been teaching the English language for more than a decade now. I usually teach non-native speakers virtually. It cannot be denied that some Asian countries need to learn the second language for personal reasons, one of which is to be more successful in the future. It is a form of education that Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc. need. Recently, the Chinese government imposed a new policy that kids aged 10 and below are not allowed to have online classes, especially when learning the English language. In my view, it is not a good thing because they will be left behind. The mere fact that English is still considered the universal language around the globe.

What are your thoughts about it?

It depends on the kind of exposure one has . I am not a native speaker and never felt the need to resort to distance learning I give credit to the kind of exposure I have had both within the family and tv channels, specially BBC, and last but not the least reading. At school we were taught English that had grammar and spelling

It depends on the kind of exposure one has . I am not a native speaker and never felt the need to resort to distance learning I give credit to the kind of exposure I have had both within the family and tv channels, specially BBC, and last but not the least reading. At school we were taught English that had grammar and spelling
It is also the same thing for me. I never had any training with regards to learning the English language. It was a self-taught way, and I am proud of embracing the importance of this language. At school, we were trained to learn more about grammar and spelling. The speaking part is learned in different ways.

We have to examine the motive for the Chinese government prohibiting the use of distance learning for young kids. It could be for fear of indoctrination.
On one side too, I feel English language is better learned offline than online. I got to speak very well because I usually heard my teachers speak well which is not something that is a regular feature of learning English language online where hearing your teacher speak English is limited to just class time.

Back