• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Is it safe to give a writing site your bank account number

bestwriter

AfriCoin
There is an unconfounded fear of giving out one's bank account number for a deposit. What is not understood is what can anyone do with one's bank number if that is all they know about the bank account
There was a Site where I was active and I have received money in Indian Rupees which they converted before sending it to me. Nothing happened to my account

Many users hesitate to write for Sites that ask for bank account number to receive payment based on false fears.

The question is why would a writing Site risk asking for that information if there is fear in the community that it is unsafe to provide that information.

Are you comfortable providing your bank account number at writing sites?

Last edited:
I honestly say that I am not comfy using my personal bank account here. But then, I consider that it is still safe to use it. One thing is for sure, I do not need to provide my password for it. If it does, it will be a big NO. It is just that I am more on using my PayPal in receiving payments from online stunts here and there.

As long as its a legit site, i do not see anything wrong with this. Then again giving out just your account number should be safe as long as you do not give out more personal details like your BVN card numbers or transactions pins and the likes, i doubt they would be able to do anything with just having your account number. If that where to be the case then a lot of us would have been loosing money daily.

There is an unconfounded fear of giving out one's bank account number for a deposit. What is not understood is what can anyone do with one's bank number if that is all they know about the bank account
There was a Site where I was active and I have received money in Indian Rupees which they converted before sending it to me. Nothing happened to my account

Many users hesitate to write for Sites that ask for bank account number to receive payment based on false fears.

The question is why would a writing Site risk asking for that information if there is fear in the community that it is unsafe to provide that information.

Are you comfortable providing your bank account number at writing sites?
It is advisable & better not to share our Bank Account Details to the sites which are not legit..
If they have the options of Local Bank transfer rather than PayPal or Payeer like that ...In such case to receive our money we need to enter the account number.

As soon as you do it , you can change all bank related passwords immediately..

Just an account number will not expose your account I was on a writing site and they had asked for my bank and account no. I got the money in Indian Rupees and there was no hassle. This Site has a similar arrangement. I will do a payout once and see how it pans out A Writing Site cannot afford to misuse information that way

Based on OP's post, I guess it is not advisable for one to share her bank account number, as well as the account name, with just any third party. Using these details, an unscrupulous and criminal third party can harm a person.

In your view, what how can a criminally minded party harm a person, using these banking information?

I seem to like it when I'm working on a site that would pay directly to my local bank account. This is because I don't like to use PayPal for receiving my money. So I try out a site and be sure it is legit before dropping my bank details. So I don't think it is wrong if it is legit site

Last edited:
Your response is very encouraging as this Site has that facility. I do not mind getting it via paypal but if a Site has a facility to directly send it to my bank account I would welcome it I have had that experience at some other Site. They have a go between to convert it to the required currency

Just an account number will not expose your account I was on a writing site and they had asked for my bank and account no. I got the money in Indian Rupees and there was no hassle. This Site has a similar arrangement. I will do a payout once and see how it pans out A Writing Site cannot afford to misuse information that w

Just an account number will not expose your account I was on a writing site and they had asked for my bank and account no. I got the money in Indian Rupees and there was no hassle. This Site has a similar arrangement. I will do a payout once and see how it pans out A Writing Site cannot afford to misuse information that way
I will not provide my bank details to a writing site
I don't share my bank account number for my comfortable I always prefer PayPal , Payeer those are safe for foreign transactions eventhough they ask our complete bank details...
Eventhough there is an option for local transaction by the writing sites I don't pick later option.

U sending ur account number will not expose ur account details … except u send ur password or ur bvn password and so on …. I can remember one of my friend they told her she just win 10k I was dear with her so they told her to send her account number so she sent it later on they told her to transfer 2k first she refused then they told her they will hack her bank account she was scared I told her they can’t they just want to put fear on her body so that’s it ….

Seriously I don't knw why exactly people got scared of Shari g their account number, an average business man will paste all his account numbers at the entrance of his shop so people can pay into it, I don't see any way someone can possibly tamper with your account number when you didn't give out your bvn and pin... most time people place too much emphasis on account number and forget to protect their ATM cards, just the pictures of the front and back of your ATM card is enough to put you into trouble.

U sending ur account number will not expose ur account details … except u send ur password or ur bvn password and so on …. I can remember one of my friend they told her she just win 10k I was dear with her so they told her to send her account number so she sent it later on they told her to transfer 2k first she refused then they told her they will hack her bank account she was scared I told her they can’t they just want to put fear on her body so that’s it ….
Just the number and nothing beyond should be provided to those who want to send money. It is easy to know who is genuine and who is not No one can block someone's bank account. Only fools will believe that just by a bank account number one can do that

Back