• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Suspected cable thief electrocuted to death in UNIZIK

Oliver4smile

AfriCoin
Screenshot_20230913-123338.jpg

A yet-to-be-identified man has been electrocuted to death while allegedly stealing high-tension cable at Nnamdi Azikiwe University in Awka, Anambra State.

It was gathered that the incident happened on Monday night, September 11, 2023, around the Faculty of Education building, which is close to the Department of Economics of the university.

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) officials, policemen, and officials of the Safety Department of the University arrived at the scene on Tuesday morning, September 12, and retrieved the lifeless body which was dangling from the electric pole.

According to the Nigerian Tribune, evidence showed that the suspect had almost finished cutting a high-tension cable before electricity was suddenly restored by EEDC and he got kill
killed.

Why do you have to steal before you can make money, we all know that the country is bad but still there are still work/jobs you can take and make a little daily. No matter how small your income is, it is still better than stealing

Just imagine, he wasted himself because of money, well at least he won't really know what hit him because he must have lost consciousness almost instantly as he got electrocuted, so no time to regret.

Yes good for the criminal, this category of people should always be taught a lesson so that others would desist from such. Crime rate in my location is really high

Rip to the criminal, the act of stealing has made him loose his life , this sounds ask a lesson to others that like stealing things like this..
Just look at how he was electrocuted, what a life.. I don’t just know why some people just like stealing what they did not sow, he just wasted his so called life because of money

I guess bad karma struck him right away. I do believe that it is his faith to be in this kind of situation. Perhaps it is his destiny. I am not going to judge him because I do not know the real story of his life. There are times that some people steal because they really need to survive. We can blame poverty for this reason.

View attachment 4

A yet-to-be-identified man has been electrocuted to death while allegedly stealing high-tension cable at Nnamdi Azikiwe University in Awka, Anambra State.

It was gathered that the incident happened on Monday night, September 11, 2023, around the Faculty of Education building, which is close to the Department of Economics of the university.

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) officials, policemen, and officials of the Safety Department of the University arrived at the scene on Tuesday morning, September 12, and retrieved the lifeless body which was dangling from the electric pole.

According to the Nigerian Tribune, evidence showed that the suspect had almost finished cutting a high-tension cable before electricity was suddenly restored by EEDC and he got kill
killed.
This is something cruel.

I think why he board on high velocity post ...

If he was a professional thief he could have cut the power supply before stealing the cable.

He definitely knows hat he will die ..
I think he could have committedly done to lost his life ..
Might not be no such steal attitude in his mind . .
I hope the further investigation reveal the truth whether it is an accident or attempt suicide.

Back