• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Tribunal judgement: Atiku Files appeal at Supreme Court seeking nullification of Tinubu's presidential win

Oliver4smile

AfriCoin
Screenshot_20230919-185420.jpg

It has been reported that the presidential candidate from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) by name Abubakar Atiku, has filed an appeal at the Supreme Court. It was gathered that Atiku files the appeal seeking nullification of the judgement of the Presidential Election Petitions Court, that upheld the declaration of President Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the winner of the 2023 election.

It was further gathered that in the notice of appeal, Atiku insisted on his point that the tribunal committed a miscarriage of justice in its findings and closure in its petition challenging the INEC declaration of Tinubu as President.

Also, the notice of appeal is also asking the supreme court to set aside the whole findings and closure of the Tribunal claiming that they did not represent the true picture of the facts of his petition.

He further claimed that the tribunal erred in law as it failed to nullify the Nigeria presidential election which held on February 25, 2023, claiming that it did not comply with the Electoral
Act 2022.

I don't see any need for the PDP to appeal the tribunal judgement. Instead of that, they should go, set their house right and bring out a foolproof strategy for the next elections. The election of President Tinubu would not be overturned.

If they want to follow the law full circle, it is good but I think all energy and strategy now should be deployed into the next elections. That seems easier from my end.

Back