• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Colour your food the natural way.

bestwriter

AfriCoin
Indigo butterfly pea flower has a beautiful colour that is a natural food colouring You just need to dip the flower in hot water and in a few minutes the colour of the water turns dark blue You can use that water to create dishes that will have a blue hue

This flower also has great health benefits in that besides being an antioxidant it does help ones hair and skin. It can be had as tea by dipping the flower in boiling water and to which if one desires one can add lime juice. I like to drink it plain

It is the season for this flower to bloom in our garden. I pluck them everyday and dry them in the sun. I can use them at a later date when the vine fails to bloom

I am just wondering if you are referring to blue Ternate flower. I use it as to make a juice drink mixed with honey and lemon. It's also used for some salad recipes.

Our meat supplier offered us local sausage which I don't like because they use artificial color. I also do not go for artificially colored food. We have what we call achuete seeds used in cooking. It adds color to meat recipes. Color is dark yellow.

I am just wondering if you are referring to blue Ternate flower. I use it as to make a juice drink mixed with honey and lemon. It's also used for some salad recipes.

Our meat supplier offered us local sausage which I don't like because they use artificial color. I also do not go for artificially colored food. We have what we call achuete seeds used in cooking. It adds color to meat recipes. Color is dark yellow.
You can see it here https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Double_flowered_Clitoria_ternatea_butterfly_pea.jpg
Looks like you are referring to the same flower. I try to upload images but they do not get uploaded. I worked hard to introduce this flower in our garden and now I have them all over the place. I dry them now for future use

I remember when i was small and i wanted to fry some fish, i usually see the ones does vendors and market women sell by the road, they where usually red. So what i did was to rub the fish with palm oil and the necessary spices before frying with groundnut oil thinking the red oil was what made it red. The fish came out sweet and okay but it was still not red. I was really upset, it was then they told me does sellers usually use colors. While these colours make the food look more appealing and all, it could also have health issues for us as we consume them over time.

I remember when i was small and i wanted to fry some fish, i usually see the ones does vendors and market women sell by the road, they where usually red. So what i did was to rub the fish with palm oil and the necessary spices before frying with groundnut oil thinking the red oil was what made it red. The fish came out sweet and okay but it was still not red. I was really upset, it was then they told me does sellers usually use colors. While these colours make the food look more appealing and all, it could also have health issues for us as we consume them over time.
That may not have been natural colouring There are edible flowers and some do produce colour that can be used in dishes I have this vine and these flowers when dipped in hot water produce a beautiful blue colour and one can have blue tea

Back