• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Do you still use a fountain pen?

bestwriter

AfriCoin
With more and more communication being digital not many would be using either a pencil, a ball point pen or a fountain pen to communicate.

But in schools the system has not changed. Kids will start with a state and chalk, then they are given lead pencils, followed by fortunately just ball point pens and not pen with a nib and bottle ink.

As exams approach students are expected to use their ballpoint pen to answer exams but the powers that be have still not thought on the lines of going digital.

My house is loaded with fauntain pens, pencils and ball point pens. I use a ball point pend to make shopping check lists and write bank cheques

What is your story. Have you gone totally digital or you still hand write?

The world has moved more towards digitalization. But I still love the old school way to write down on paper and pen. I find it therapeutic. I am good with typing courtesy the online work and other work related stuff that requires me to use the laptop or phone. But when it comes to creative writing, I use the old style way. My poems and stories or any creative pieces are first written( a rough draft) on paper with a pen before they are digitalised. I am always with a pen and paper as ideas might flow anytime. Also, I find it therapeutic to work with my hands.
And I am in to Calligraphy and love that.
When it comes to school, I am glad that they still use the old system. Education is not only about utilitarian purpose, especially in young children. It also needs to provide developmental needs. Working with hands or writing using a real writing instrument is developmental need. It helps with so many things like eye hand coordination.

I am not using fountain pens anymore. I only use ballpens that are available in the market. Although I do not write on papers that much now. It is more on transcribing using the computer and print them. As a matter of fact, my handwriting is good.

With more and more communication being digital not many would be using either a pencil, a ball point pen or a fountain pen to communicate.

But in schools the system has not changed. Kids will start with a state and chalk, then they are given lead pencils, followed by fortunately just ball point pens and not pen with a nib and bottle ink.

As exams approach students are expected to use their ballpoint pen to answer exams but the powers that be have still not thought on the lines of going digital.

My house is loaded with fauntain pens, pencils and ball point pens. I use a ball point pend to make shopping check lists and write bank cheques

What is your story. Have you gone totally digital or you still hand write?
I have bunch of Ball point & gel pens . I used to write for to do list , shopping reminders , for official purpose also .Those was days like I used Fountain pen .. There will be a filler from it I suck the ink from the Inkbotte & fill it in the tank of the Fountain pen ...See now it has been transformed to Inkjet Pen where we can just insert the cartridge into the tank ...

Back