• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

High Blood Cholesterol

Eazylawd

Staff member
AfriCoin
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that's found in the fats (lipids) in ones blood. While the body needs cholesterol to continue building healthy cells, having high cholesterol can increase one risk of Heart disease, Heart attack, Heart failure, Hypertension, improper Blood Circulation and Stroke. When there is high cholesterol, you may develop fatty deposits in your blood vessels. These deposits make it difficult for enough blood to flow through your arteries. The heart may not get as much oxygen-rich blood as it needs, which increases the risk of Chronic Health Problems. Decreased blood flow to brain can cause a _stroke_ .
CAUSES
1. Unhealthy diet such as consuming much saturated fats, sugary substances, too much red meat, late eating, lack of proper detoxification e.t.c
2. Lack of physical activity
3. Smoking or exposure to tobacco smoke
4. Excess weight.
Stopping or reversing these unhealthy lifestyle and uncare life attitudes factors can help improve your cholesterol numbers.

GOODNEWS
The good news is, high blood cholesterol can be lowered.
1. Contact your doctor about cholesterol and get it checked to know if it's high or not.
2. Eat heart-healthy foods.
3. Reduce saturated fats. Saturated fats found primarily in red meat and full-fat dairy products, raise your total cholesterol.
4. Eliminate trans fats.
5. Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Increase soluble fiber.
7. Quit smoking
8. Alcohol in moderation
9. Exercises and be physically active.
10. Less Stress
11. Consume more of fruits and vegetables including Beans.

In conclusion :
👉High cholesterol can limit blood flow, increasing the risk of a heart attack or stroke.

👉It's detected by a blood test.

👉High cholesterol has no symptoms.

👉Treatments include medication, a healthy diet and exercise.

Delay maybe Dangerous.

When your blood contains an excessive amount of the fatty molecule called cholesterol, you have high cholesterol. It is primarily brought on by consuming fatty meals, not exercising enough, being overweight, smoking, and consuming alcohol. In other words, the most prevalent cause of high "bad" LDL cholesterol is an unhealthy lifestyle. However, some illnesses, some medications, and genes that you inherit from your parents can also cause LDL cholesterol levels to increase.

I was diagnosed with high cholesterol. My doctor used to prescribe medications such as statin (atorvastatin 20mg). As much as possible, I should limit or never eat fatty foods and foods that have saturated and trans fats. Because there was too much cholesterol in my body, I was diagnosed again with gallstones and ended up having operations. It was my lesson learned that really, health is wealth.

You have covered the topic well. I prefer taking foods to having drugs to lower cholesterol. I take red wine that helps increase the HDL level which in turn reduces the LDL level. I take cod liver oil pearls that help reduce triglycerides.

I do have a bit of LDL on the higher side but my doctor says as one ages a slightly higher LDL seems fine

Back