• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

How and When to ask Google Recrawl my Site?

yusra

AfriCoin
Google automatically crawls websites on a regular basis to update its search index. But sometimes you may need to ask Google to manually recrawl some or all of your web pages. Here are some tips on when and how to request a recrawl:

When to Request a Recrawl

- You added or modified a large number of pages on your site.

- Your sitemap has been updated with many new or changed URLs.

- You changed your site's structure through redesigns or consolidations.

- You want new or updated content to get indexed faster.

- You resolved technical SEO issues affecting crawlability.

How to Request a Recrawl

- In Google Search Console, submit a new sitemap or request indexing of updated sitemaps.

- In the URL Inspection tool, click "Request Indexing" for individual URLs.

- In the Coverage Report, filter for Valid with Errors and click "Request Indexing" for those URLs.

- Resubmitting a full sitemap is best for large site changes vs. individual URLs.

- Be patient as recrawling can take time depending on site size and structure. Monitor progress in Search Console.

Use recrawl requests strategically so you don't overload Googlebot. And keep improving your site's infrastructure to be crawl-friendly.

Utilize the "Request Indexing" function in Google Search Console to ask Google to crawl your website again. This is especially helpful following large upgrades or the inclusion of fresh information.

Fetch as Google's tool enables instantaneous indexing. Avoid making too many requests, though; Google regularly searches websites and ranks updates according on the authority of the page and the frequency of the updates. Effective indexing is ensured through the strategic use of these techniques, keeping the material on your site up to date.

I use WordPress and I nolonger worry about asking Google to recraw my site. The sitemap feature by Yoast, RankMath and Jetpack makes it possible to notify Google of your changes depending on your settings and this will trigger Google to recrawl everytime an update happens on my site.

Back