• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

How do you manage your garbage?

bestwriter

AfriCoin
We have a very efficient garbage management initiated by our Government Every day wet garbage is collected. Their truck comes to the door. Only on one day in the week dry garbage is collected. This way automatically wet and dry garbage is segregated.

In our case we do not give our wet garbage as we put it in the compost pits - we have several of them. Dry garbage is mostly broken glass, plastic bags and the like Our dry garden garbage is put in the incinerator and we get ash that is used as manure Our wet compost gets ready in a year's time and that is also used for the garden We do not buy artificial fertilizer.

How do you manage your garbage. Does you government introduced any system to collect your garbage the way our government is doing?

In my country, the local government implemented Solid Waste Management. I am not sure with the other places in my country, but it is so strict in my city. City's garbage collectors will not collect the garbages if not segregated. I do not have a low opinion about it because it can teach the locals to follow the simple rules of doing it.

In our case, we make our own compost pits for the wet garbage at home. But our municipality imposed proper garbage segregation, and every once a week, the garbage truck collects whatever garbage every household puts outside. But it is sad to notice that there are several pieces of garbage that the garbage collector did not get because the garbage was not properly segregated.

There was a time where the government in my area created a company that was in charge of carrying dirty and they would be the one to dispose it but over time they stopped. For us we usually burn our dirty or pay some individual to go and pack them. But I don't really know where these people carry them to though or what they do with them.

Before now we used to have a pit where these garbages are dumped then we later buried or burn them later but now the government has taken over. There have been a provision of dumpsters everywhere now so you can just go and dump your garbage there to be picked up by the garbage disposal bin later.

Back