• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

How to increase profit in small businesses

Cherry123

AfriCoin
The truth is that all business operations is solely for profit making. This is why it should be taken seriously when a business is not making profit because it is an indication that such a business is not growing and it isn't worthwhile.
So the best bet is to look for avenues to increase the profit. They are key measures to be taken to increase profits which are

To reduce costs; To increase the profit of your business you need to reduce the cost you re expending on it

increasing turnover; You need to start increasing the products for sales. So more Sales would bring more profit

increase productivity; if you are into production then you should be able to increase the production level to aid profit

increase efficiency: You would make more profit when you increase the efficiency of your business

Extending business hours will also improve sales and profit. For example a grocery store should open at 5 in the morning to attend to customers needs for breakfast and also close the store at 10 in the evening. This is a 12 hours operation and is doable.

This article is true and helpful, most times the reason why many small business close down is because of poor planning and excessive spending, when the money they spend is way greater than their profit and even the total income, the next thing is the business start shrinking till it collapses finally.

This article is true and helpful, most times the reason why many small business close down is because of poor planning and excessive spending, when the money they spend is way greater than their profit and even the total income, the next thing is the business start shrinking till it collapses finally.
One common mistake of small businesses is not separating their earnings and the tendency is for them to misuse the business fund for their personal expenses. Even if it's own business one must exercise proper financial management and not juggle funds

I found out that the only cost component I could control in my poultry business and still maintain efficiency was cost of medication. I had to delve into research and develop an organic medication program that helped me to reduce my costs drastically. What it did for me was that it helped me to sell at a lowered price because my production cost is lower which in turn increased turn over for me and I made constant profits.

If you want to increase profit as a business owner, you need to first work on your marketing skills. No matter the quality services or products you have, if you do not market it properly, you wont be able to reach your target audience, hence no sales. You need to work on knowing your target audience and look for ways to attract them. This would help you generate more sales.

They are few different ways to increase profits in a small business.
By growing your customer base or increasing your prices. Another is to focus on reducing costs by streaming operations, negotiating cutting unnecessary expenses by finding way to do more with the resources you have.

Make sure that you handle your business funds and capital properly. Most businesses that close down is due to mismanagement of funds. But when you know what you are doing with your capital and perhaps you have an expert that is helping you to handle it you won’t have any problems. Another thing is for you to do the right advertisement.

Back