• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

Left overs

bestwriter

AfriCoin
Not so long ago whatever food was left used to be fed to the dogs But with time constraints the housewife carefully saves the left over food and stores it in the refrigerator and sometimes it is even frozen to be eaten not just the next day but a few days later.

Food is heated and it comes to the table But when food is heated it loses its freshness and also its moisture.

The best way to eat left overs is to steam the food except the deep fried stuff which could be heated.

Steaming is a simple process. Water is placed in a vessel and over it the colander. The food that needs to be steamed is put in a heat proof vessel and placed in the colander and is closed with a lid. Medium flame will steam the food in just about fifteen minutes.
Do you eat left over food?

According to the old folks in my country, leftovers will be tastier if they are reheated. It means that the spices, condiments, etc. will take effect. I noticed this claim whenever we were having leftovers at home. In some instances, leftovers can be used for other local dishes in my country.

Gone are the days where people misuse food or let them go to waste, especially now that things are pretty tough. We usually store leftovers in the freezer and eat them later on. This has helped us a lot especially in times where we either do not have to cook or simply have no time to cook. Lol left overs have been a life saver.

The thing here is that the economy is just too harsh as such there's no room for throwing away left over foods in my home. The thing is either to freeze it overnight or just warm and keep to warm again the next day as early as possible. So there's no need throwing away leftovers just preserve them effectively to eat later.

Back