• Kindly note that we (the AfriPeeps Team) seriously frown at plagiarism as this may result in serious penalty from Google and other search engines. Any member doing copy and paste will not be paid and may even be banned.

What is your take on scheme of work in teaching?

abplus

AfriCoin
What is your take on scheme of work?

A scheme of work in teaching is a structured plan that outlines what will be taught during a specific period, typically a semester or academic year.

Scheme of work serves as a roadmap for teachers, providing a detailed overview of the topics, learning objectives, teaching methods, assessment strategies, and timelines for a particular subject or course.

A well-designed scheme of work helps ensure that the curriculum is covered comprehensively and that learning goals are met. It also aids in effective lesson planning and resource preparation.

A scheme of work is important in teaching for several reasons

Curriculum Alignment: It ensures that the curriculum is covered comprehensively by outlining what topics and content should be taught over a specific time frame. This helps teachers stay on track and meet educational standards.

Clarity: It provides clarity to both teachers and students about the learning objectives, what will be taught, and how it will be taught. This reduces ambiguity and confusion in the classroom.

Efficient Planning: Teachers can effectively plan lessons and allocate resources (such as textbooks, materials, and technology) based on the scheme of work, making the teaching process more organized and efficient.

Assessment: It helps in planning assessment strategies and evaluations that align with the learning objectives. This ensures that students' progress can be measured accurately.

Time Management: Teachers can allocate appropriate time to each topic or unit, helping to maintain a steady pace throughout the academic year and avoid rushing through content.

I have taught for years and I have never started a new term without giving the students scheme of work. It helps them too to study ahead so that by the time you get to the topics, it os much easier for you and them too.
As A teacher too, it can also help you prepare your lesson ahead if time by making you to start looking for resources that would be relevant to ttat topic.

I do not have a low opinion about working as a virtual teacher. I have been teaching online for more than a decade now. It is up to the person of he or she is going to embrace the job. I used to work with different companies and organizations before, but not earn that much. I humbly saying that teaching online can earn much better than the regular jobs in my city.

I have never been a teacher but as a student we used to get a timetable more or less fixed for the week. Knowing what will be taught we would carry the relevant books and also do the homework assigned to us. We also had to copy notes and those books would be collected by the teacher concerned for correction if any so that the student had the right notes.

I think scheme of work plays a very important role for not just the teachers alone but also for the students. Having a scheme of work gives the teachers a well structured path to follow when it comes to what they can teach the child. It ensure that the students gets the right knowledge they need. While this enables the children know what they need to study on.

Scheme of work is always the best ,, it will help the children know the subject they will be studying on… and know the time it will start and when it will stop too, having a scheme of work helps the teacher to know what to teach and it will make it easy for you and them too

Back